Thursday, June 4, 2009

Irises









We're at the end of iris season now -- I am forever impressed by the flowers here in Japan!

My parents left for China 2 days ago, but beforehand we visited Omura park, which is halfway between Sasebo and Nagasaki, for a picnic lunch. This is the same place where we saw (and posted pictures of) cherry blossoms a couple of months back...

These irises fill what used to be the castle moat here in Omura. They are so beautiful! AND TALL!

Greg's home for a bit now and we're having fun hanging out as a family. I love hearing how Cora appears to be changing; I guess since I'm always with her I don't notice it...

2 comments:

becky said...

Can you dig a bunch of them up and ship them my way....I'm slightly jealous and my irises aren't doing great here. I think they are getting too wet and need to move them to a drier spot (which doesn't exist until July/August in my yard!)

Paul Harris said...

Greg,

Ran into MGD at Michael's a couple weeks back and he said that I had to check out your blog. More to verify that you are still alive than anything. It is good to see that life has been treating you well and congrats on the munchkin. Between you and me, we have proof that the gods must be crazy to let guys like us actually procreate :). I will let you go, but shoot an e-mail to harriswp@cvn65.navy.mil or willhepee@yahoo.com sometime. You take care.

Paul