Sunday, August 30, 2009

random thoughts...


Yep, her eyes are STILL blue-grey in color.... we do daily checks for brown!

Cora in her exer-saucer... a hand-me-down from buddy Olivia. She's surprisingly steady on her feet and has fun reaching for the various toys attached.

This is a dress I bought 3 or so years ago in Bali..... who knew it'd by MY baby that would eventually wear it!

I always said I'd never be one of "those moms" who only talks about her kid.... and I fear I am becoming her. I can't help it, she's so darn cute :) I realized that I have been negligent in keeping up with our blog... and I will blame that on the monotony of motherhood. Since mom's left, Cora and I are trying to figure out how to exist without extra help. We're also relaxing while we have the time. The art of multi-tasking has never been so necessary!

Greg's LONG month is nearly over, as his ship begins the arduous INSURV process in the morning. This is a very thorough inspection of every inch of ship. Over 100 inspectors from the states are here to board the ship and inspect the appearance, functionality and administrative paperwork of the entire ship. This is what has kept Greg on the ship 7 days a week, 5:30 a.m. until around 9:00 p.m. for the past month. I'm praying for success and I'm sure he'd appreciate all of your prayers, as well. The amphibious ships have not had successful INSURVs in the near past and we are all hoping TORTUGA will break the "curse."

I'll make Greg write more when I see him again!

We've been having loads of fun Skyping with Obaa and Sofu back in Michigan -- Cora recognizes their voices and faces on the webcam, it's wonderful! Let us know if you Skype, too and we'll have to arrange a phone date!

We are REALLY looking forward to the arrival of Nana and Duke (Greg's folks) on Thursday. Hopefully Greg will be able to join the fun and explore Japan with us :)

Today after church we did yet another photo shoot in a darling dress from Greg's folks. We are looking forward to some professional pictures next weekend! Sadly, today was the last service put on by Chaplain Hodges here in base, he is heading to Afghanistan. Our Sundays won't be the same....

No comments: