Friday, April 24, 2009

Kujukushima





Hello! These pictures are from an AMAZING boat cruise mom and I took around Sasebo's 99 islands. Many of you know that we have a great spattering of islands around our city, which are featured in the opening scene of "The Last Samurai" movie. "Kujukushima" translates into literally "99 islands." We learned that there are actually 208 islands, but the Japanese think that 99 symbolizes "a really big number!"

We had a gorgeous day weatherwise, very clear and 68 degrees. This was lil M's first boat ride!

I really look forward to sharing this experience with visitors, as well as Greg when he returns. They offer sunset cruises and the islands are a very popular place to kayak and scuba dive, too. As long as we find a sitter for lil M, we will INDEED partake in these activities!

I'm 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant today and feeling pretty good. I have occasional contractions, but no real labor signs yet. I had a doctor's appointment today and Dr. Higashijima is happy with my status. He's now predicting an 8 lb baby at birth, but who knows! Still no idea if lil M is boy or girl....

No comments: